- Develop an Integrated Resource Centre for teaching, outstanding patient care and research with a focus on preventive and promotive health care.
- Develop a policy framework based on evidence-based medicine and research to address key public health issues or diseases.
- Empower community in understanding common diseases and their role inprevention and after treatment care
- Create a patient centric healthcare delivery system which is accessible, affordable and available to all.
- To mentor the next generation of community medicine personnel through practice- based teaching with inter sectoral linkages to cater and respond to the multidisciplinary needsof the community
Services Available in the department:
General OPD:Department will start a Family Medicine OPD in the AIIMS OPD block. This would include diagnosis and treatment of chronic Non-communicable diseases, maternal and child health services including the immunization services, and treatment of common medical ailments.
Specialty Clinics/ services (Diagnostic and/or Therapeutic)
Schedule- day and consultant wise:The Rural Health Training Centre (RHTC): The RHTC of the department is Sub Divisional Hospital, Badal which will serve as a center for the field training of the medical, dental and nursing students of the Institute as well as for research into community health problems.
The health services would be expanded in a phased manner at RHTC for providing specialty services such as ENT, Ophthalmology and Orthopaedics on weekly basis in RHTC.
- Expansion planned for the future:
- Clinical Services: Future plan will include start of Rabies and Yellow fever vaccine clinic (in a phased manner). Additionally, Urban Health Training Centre (UHTC) will be establishedwith an aim to provide comprehensive primary care to the patients in urban resettlement colonies/slums/underserved urban areas.
- Academics and teaching: To develop national and international collaboration of community medicine experts, clinicians and biostatisticians for developing integrated resource centre for education and research and create pool of trained public health experts. This would be done through academic exchange of scholars/post doc fellows/faculty, CMEs, Workshops etc. The overall goal is to develop a Centre for Excellence for teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students in public health.
- Research: To expand the scope of epidemiology from etiologic research to include multilevel analysis, intervention evaluation, implementation research, big data analytics and outcomes research in diverse areas of Public Health.