Vision: Department of Hospital Administration holds a vision to facilitate rapid advancements in modalities as well as methods of delivery of healthcare. The department is pro-actively involved in education and research in the field of application of modern management techniques in Hospital Administration. At AIIMS, the department plays a key role in planning and designing of new projects, day to day hospital operations, including procurement, and handling legal and ethical issues. The department is involved in streamlining the procurement processes, inventory management and in ensuring effective utilization of resources.
• The department is committed to keep up with the emerging challenges associated with the developing healthcare system and providing solutions in a more scientific manner through professionally qualified and trained hospital administrators.
• The department is committed to facilitate clinicians in monitoring the quality of care rendered, collect relevant data, identify bottle necks and provide alternative solutions for smooth and better functioning of the institutions/hospitals.
• The department is committed to make AIIMS Bathinda a Patient friendly and safe healthcare facility.
Expansion planned for the future:
• The department plans to run a 03 years M.D course in Hospital Administration for MBBS students. PG students will be groomed for taking up top administrative positions in Government as well as private health care organizations
• Establishment of Administrative Control Room on behalf of the Medical Superintendent’s office will act as the nerve centre of the hospital for all important operational decisions.
• Fully functional Medico legal cell that is will be dealing with patient and staff related issues
• Disaster Control Centre for preparation and implementation of Disaster protocols for internal as well as external disasters.
• Helping in setting standards of both clinical and administrative practices and protocols based upon the best practices in the country and abroad.
Academics and Research:
• To conduct Integrated Administrative and Clinical Research programs (IACRP)
• Structured training programs for all cadres of staff working to keep them updated not only on the clinical aspect but also on the legal and administrative aspect of healthcare.